We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
I have always had an interest in veterinary medicine and even applied to the AVC. It didn't work out for me, but when I saw the opportunity to come work at Sunrise Animal Hospital, I jumped at it. I know it was the right decision, I love coming to work every day. I started working at the clinic in June 2013. I enjoy learning every day. Medicine is always changing and I find that we, as an industry, are always trying to find better ways to improve health care for our clients and our patients. There are so many CE opportunities for us. It's in our best interest and the best interest of our clients to take advantage of as many learning sessions as possible.
My first pet was a mixed breed pup named Shanna. I really love helping our clients and patients feel better. That may be through the diagnosis and treatment of a disease process, an acute condition or simply at the end of the pet's life. I feel that in veterinary medicine, you need to be here for the owners, as much as you are for their pet, who is really another family member. Compassion and understanding, that's what I love about my job. We have a great team environment. We work very closely together and although we have a large staff, everyone feels pretty close. Lending a helping hand to our teammates and colleagues, that's my favourite thing! I am a huge hockey fan and play both ice and ball hockey, go Leafs!
These people are amazing. All the staff care for your pet Like it their own. I have been…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 709.368.7981. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Saturday & Sunday: Closed.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Payments for appointments can be taken over the phone by credit card or by e-transfer. E-transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.